2/3/12

Tattoos and Weddings

     Since this blog isn't very old at all, you may not know that I have two tattoos.          


This lovely cross with wings that goes around my right ankle
(It's a little swollen since this pic was taken right after I got it done) 

&

This beautiful shoulder tattoo on my left shoulder.

Now all of my tattoos were thought out wellll in advance (in fact my ankle tattoo had been planned for FOUR years before I finally got it.) They are both done by professionals with years of experience under their belts and who obviously knew what they were doing. I am very proud of my tattoos and I believe they are beautiful :). For the most part, I don't hear much about them from other people and in fact most people don't notice them at all! With the exception of one thing.

Apparently during my wedding I am supposed to hide my tattoos (particularly my shoulder tattoo which would be most likely the most noticeable), and cast them away with wedding dresses with sleeves, or tattoo cover-up. This thought bewilders me. My tattoos are a part of me; why would I want them covered on one of the most important days of my life?!? I often am asked what am I going to do if I decide to wear a strapless wedding gown. Umm I'll wear it?? I have no shame with showing off my tattoos; they are in no way offensive; and they represent part of my personality and who I am.   

What do you think?
 Is there any sense  in covering up your tattoos for your wedding/ a special event ?
(With the exception of job interviews. That I do understand)
 Let me know what you think!
   
   
         

No comments:

Post a Comment